Evotech CAE Ltd have partnered with MSC Software offering technical sales and support for the complete MSC Apex CAE environment. As Elite Partners, and expert users through our consulting work, Evotech are well placed to offer Apex and support to new users with a specific interest in next-generation CAE software. Evotech can offer assistance with implementation and transition to Apex, along with dedicated and bespoke training.
As the only Apex Elite Partner in the UK, Evotech are offering something truly ground-breaking; a highly-evolved CAE and simulation environment, with the support and back-up of MSC Software.
Take a look at this short video, which demonstrates how MSC Apex provides engineers with a generative simulation workflow.
This video demonstrates how some of the new concepts and functionality within MSC Apex allows for the analysis of massive structures to generate results in a highly-efficient manner.
MSC Apex is a unique game-changing user experience, “easy-to-learn, easy-to-use”
• CAE-specific direct modelling and meshing, using highly-evolved Parasolid tools for geometry/mesh manipulation, property assignment and assembly management
• Integrated, incremental solver methods for solver-validated modelling and post-processing
• Based on computational parts & assembly technology
• Python-enabled to allow customisation and automation
MSC Apex allows users to maximise direct model interaction with ‘at-mouse’ pop-ups and instructions
• Control operations and component visibility at cursor, as well as icon-based approach
• ‘Direct Modelling’ functionality to rapidly manipulate geometry and underlying mesh
• Multi-level ‘undo/redo’ capability
CAE-Specific Direct Modeling
MSC Apex includes CAE-Specific Direct Modelling, which is fully-integrated with meshing operations
• Tools such as ‘Push/Pull’ and ‘Vertex/Edge Drag’ can be used to quickly manipulate geometry, with quick and automatic mesh updates
• Can be used in an automatic or manual process flow
• Geometry/mesh relationship unique to MSC Apex, with powerful mid-surfacing and automatic property assignment from underlying CAD data
• Resultant geometry exported as Parasolid, along with underlying mesh
MSC Apex contains a unique, patented technology ‘Computational Parts’ which introduces a new paradigm in complex assembly FE model management and analysis
• When a change is made to one of the parts, the solver architecture allows the user to incrementally regenerate and solve for only the modified portion of the assembly
• Pre-computed computational parts are stored; the generative framework ensures these will be recomputed only if they are affected by a model change
• Leads to an incremental validation process, reducing risk and re-work at every analysis step
MSC ONE Licensing
MSC Apex is offered via the MSC One token-based licensing system, allowing access to the bulk of the MSC Software simulation product portfolio
• The unit token cost of MSC Apex Modeller and Structures also enables direct usage of such MSC products as Patran, Nastran, Adams and Marc (all of which interface seamlessly with Apex output)
• Efficient and flexible purchasing options are available for all end-user types from large-scale global enterprises through to single-seat consulting firms with heavy constraints on expenditure